Best Window Tinting in the Black Hills of South Dakota
MTC- Mountain Tint Company is your go to for all of your auto glass and vehicle protection needs.
Nothing beats summer. The sun, the warm weather, long days, and endless outdoor activities.
With all the added sun come just a few drawbacks. Hot car seats (and items left on the car seats), glaring sun when you’re driving, and additional UV exposure.
Window tinting provides the protection you need to get the most out of the short summer months. It can provide you at least 6 benefits.
1. Increases your privacy
First of all and perhaps the most common reasons is privacy. Tinted windows prevent (to a certain degree) people from outside of your car and other drivers from looking into your car. It’s actually a great way to make potential thieves think twice about their act. Leaving an exposed cell phone or a laptop at your back seat is often just inviting people to steal it. By tinting your windows you’ll feel at least a bit safer knowing that any valuables in your car aren’t as easy to see.
Ever go to that special beach to have all to yourself but there is no where to change? Your car now provides at least some privacy and protection from the sun while you get ready to enjoy the sand.
2. Reduces heat inside of your car
Second reason for window tinting which is also quite common is that the tinting film makes the inside of your car cooler. In those warm summer days it does reduce heat generated by direct sunlight which will benefit the inside temperature of your car. Low transparency window tint can reduce heat in your car by up to 70% which is absolutely something you should consider.
Additionally you may even use less energy since your air conditioning won’t have to work so hard to keep your car cool.
3. Blocks harmful UV rays
There’s also a health issue. It’s no secret that being directly exposed to sunlight isn’t a very good idea. A quality tinting film can block 99% of harmful ultraviolet rays and keep your skin protected while driving. Driving in direct sunlight can even expose you to sunburns so make sure you keep your sunglasses on and use window tint for protecting other parts of your body.
It’s especially important if you suffer from any kind of sun allergies or other skin conditions. Depending on the state you live in there may be medical exemptions depending on your condition so you may even be able to apply more protective tint.
4. Keeps glass from shattering
In case of a car accident the film can also protect your windows from shattering all over yourself and your car. The film usually holds the little pieces of the glass together even after the window breaks so in case you ever find yourself in an accident you’ll definitely be glad you had tint applied. It’s not something people usually think about in advance but you never know. Broken glass can get in your eyes or scratch your skin so it’s definitely something to consider as well.
5. Better Driving
Driving with the sun directly in your face isn’t just an annoyance – it can be deadly. Car window tint shields your eyes and prevents glare from all sources of extreme light so you’ll never be caught driving badly due to no fault of your own.
6. Protects upholstery
The heat and UV rays from direct sunlight can turn your upholstery into a mess in a few short years, but did you know this is highly preventable? Car tint keeps your car interior from getting hot enough to warp, fade, or crack, and blocks up to 90% of harmful UV rays from entering.
Direct sunlight can also damage the leather inside your car or at the very least discolor the interior so keep that in mind as well.
Now, with your car doing so much for you, don’t you want to do what you can to protect your car as well. This is where clear bra protection comes in.
Your car is the second largest investment you’ll make, and the more time and effort you put into protecting it the better you’ll feel about it. Once you’ve gone through all the steps to select a vehicle that’s just right for you and hand over your hard-earned money for it, it shouldn’t go neglected. Everyday wear and tear from scratches, rock chips, bug stains and dirt can easily be avoided by investing in clear bra paint protection. Here are several of the advantages:
1. Paint ProtectionThe most obvious benefit of clear bra is the shield it affords your car’s paint from roadside debris, hence it also being known as paint protection film. The transparent film works without altering the appearance of the original paint job like the older generation of vinyl clear bras is known to do. Common everyday hazards that would normally damage any unprotected vehicle will only mark the clear bra, leaving the car untouched. So you can breathe a little easier when that shopping cart comes flying at your car or a distracted driver accidentally bumps your fender trying to parallel park.
2. Universally ApplicableClear bra paint protection can be utilized on any car, truck or SUV and can be applied to the hood, bumper, fender, lights and mirrors, conforming to the shape of the area being covered. It can also be used effectively on boats, bicycles, motorhomes and even outside furniture. In fact, paint protection film was first developed by the military to use on helicopters and armored vehicles to prevent damage from flying debris.
3. Low MaintenancePaint protection film is maintained without much effort. Its water resistance ensures that it does not have to be removed, as some other paint protectors may have to be, before a car wash or during stormy weather. If you’re noticing dirt or bug buildup, it can also be cleaned with mild detergent and water.
4. Easily RemovableIf your clear car bra sustains any damage, it can be removed without difficulty, leaving the paint underneath unscathed and saving your wallet from the high costs of paint touch-up or other body work. In the event you buy a new car, there’s no need to worry about spending the money to get fresh protection film installed. Your clear bra will conveniently move along with you to whichever vehicle you choose.
Applying clear car bra to your car is an investment to your second most valuable possession. It’s not a super cheap product, however, others who use this product and have been able to avoid car paint repairs and body work will tell you that it was worth it. Down the road, having paint protection on your car will also help to increase its value in the case that you ever decide to sell or trade. Many think that clear bra is only for those with luxury cars, but it’s a product for anyone who wants to keep their vehicle looking like new.
What to Consider When Shopping for a Clear Bra:
1. Shop for a top name brand like 3M or XPEL that comes with a lifetime warranty
2. Find a respected installer who knows what they’re doing (call the clear bra headquarters for a recommended installer in your area)
3. Decide how much of your car you want to cover: front and rear bumpers, wheel wells, side mirrors, rocker panels, a variety amount of the hood…etc.
Getting a clear bra sounds pretty fool proof. But what happens when you ignore the considerations list? You may not be happy with the result.
How Things Can go Wrong:
1. Saving money without a top name brand – Prepare for yellowing of the clear bra and peeling around the edges
2. Don’t pick the right installer – Expect air bubbles, uneven cuts, and lack of coverage in certain spots of the car.
It doesn’t take much to ensure your car is properly protected. A little research and a little money upfront will keep your car’s paint looking pristine for a long time. A clear bra may even get you a little extra money if/when you decide to sell your car…
If you have any questions or concerns or a stance on clear bras that we didn’t mention, please feel free to leave us a comment below!
At MTC- Mountain Tint Company, we are here to ensure your satisfaction with our work and the products we install for you!